Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Trying to reinstall Act! 2006

Trying to reinstall Act! 2006

My computer had a virus last week and when we got that all taken care of we had to redownload a few of our original programs.  When trying to download my ACT disk I got Error message 1722...There is a problem with this windows installer pkg. A program run as part of the set up did not finish as expected. contact your support personnel or pkg vendor. 

We removed our new antivirus thinking that was it and it was not.  We then called the ACT support and because it is an old version and they would much rather you BUY a new one then help they knew nothing to help us except to refer us to you guys....hopefully there is someone out there that can...because my business database of about 500 people is hanging in my computer and I have no way to access it.....Thank you anyone that can enlighten me on this one.

John

GMf

Re: Trying to reinstall Act! 2006

I am having the same problem...Error 1772.  I can't reinstall ACT. Did you find a solution for this? 

Platinum Super Contributor

The '1772' error is generally a sign that there are references remaining from the previous installation or that the downloaded file is corrupted.

Follow the steps in this article to ensure the previous installation has been removed: KB Article 15285

Note: If your computer has a fingerprint scanner for security, do not remove the Microsoft .Net Framework 1.1 program (skip that step).

Once you have removed the Act! files, reboot the computer into Select Startup (instructions in the article) and attempt the installation.

I have sent you both a link to download the 2006 installation files.  To access the link view your Private Notes.

Greg Martin
Sage
GMf

Thank you.  I will try now to install.  Elizabeth

GMf

Greg, I have all my ACT on the external hard drive.  I am not plugged in at all, nor do i have  any ACT program on the C drive.  i reinstalled all.  Yesterday, I followed directions from the site to delete all temp files %tem%. 

The directions on that I printed is too complicated for me- and to be honest, i am afraid I will push the wrong key.  So now I will download what you sent me and see if that works. 

Thank you. 

Elizabeth