Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Trying to add the number zero in front of a tel number in a mobile/cell phone field

Trying to add the number zero in front of a tel number in a mobile/cell phone field

Hi Guys

I have just imported about 2000 records and I noticed that our mobile cell numbers is missing the leading zero.

For example: imported number = 410565773 correct number = 0410565773

is there a way i can do a global search and check the field and if it's incorrect add the zero?

I was thinking if the field contains 9 digits and the first digit = 4 then insert zero before  the left most digit.

Cheers

George Patino
Bellagio Limousines
Perth, Western Australia
www.bellagiolimousines.com.au
Bronze Contributor

Re: Trying to add the number zero in front of a tel number in a mobile/cell phone field

George,

I would be inclined to go back to the spreadsheet and resolve before the import or if you go to www.designr1.com they have a tool called swiss army knife whihc is capable of doing this.

Paul Buchtmann
pbuchtmann@ozemail.com.au Australia
Australia's First ACT Consultant (1989)

FREE Record History to change default to Call or To-Do for ACT! 2010-2012 versions. Custom versions also available.

Re: Trying to add the number zero in front of a tel number in a mobile/cell phone field

Hi Paul, sincere apologies for not responding earlier ;-) but I wanted to say thanks for your advice!
George Patino
Bellagio Limousines
Perth, Western Australia
www.bellagiolimousines.com.au