Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Try to install Act 2005 over Act 2000...having trouble

Accepted Solution Solved
Accepted Solution

Try to install Act 2005 over Act 2000...having trouble

I have Act 2000 on my computer but I'm trying to Install Act 2005 but with no luck. The install starts and then stops. I have 1 gig of memory so that shouldn't be a problem. Can anyone suggest what I should do? I have tried uninstalling Act 2000 and installing 2005 but no luck. Thanks.

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author perry1860
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM

Re: Try to install Act 2005 over Act 2000...having trouble

Thanks Roy. I should have realized that. You have no idea how helpful you've been. Cheers

Perry Crippen

Toronto

View solution in original post

All Replies
Platinum Elite Contributor

ACT! 2005 had a number of problems and limitations that were resolved in later versions. Among the problems were a number of installation problems. I would strongly suggest that you not waste time with ACT! 2005 and upgrade to the current version to avoid many of the problems of the earlier version.
Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129

Thanks Roy. Your answer was very helpful. I have another one for you if you don't mind: I reinstalled Act 2000 and when I import contacts the phone number includes #1. I live in the 905 area and have been importing only 905 numbers so I don't need the country code. I have tried and tried to find out why it's doing this. It didn't do it when I had it installed on another computer. OS Vista Home Premium. I really don't need to update to the new Act because I use Act for one purposes only - importing and exporting. I home you can help me and I do appreciate your advice.
Platinum Elite Contributor

Make sure your My record has your full phone number  complete with area code. Also a good idea to put your country into the country field.
Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129
Solution
Accepted by topic author perry1860
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM

Thanks Roy. I should have realized that. You have no idea how helpful you've been. Cheers

Perry Crippen

Toronto