Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Troublesome boxes

Copper Contributor

Troublesome boxes

When I am in my Contact Detail view, in both the contact name field as well as the Company field, there are boxes to the right, with three dots inside the boxes.  Those boxes truncate/shorten the length of those two fields and obstruct my view of the text inside those fields.  What are the boxes there for and can I get rid of them somehow?  Alternatively, is there a way to make the fields larger?  Grateful for any help.

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Troublesome boxes

Contact field, parse control for the contact name. Company Field. link and create company record. No they cant be removed. Edit the layout.

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129
Copper Contributor

Thanks.  But two questions: (1)  How do I edit the layout?  And (2) What specifically do I want to do as far as the editing goes?  For example, do I want to make longer (or wider) fields for Contact Name and Company?

Platinum Elite Contributor

You can check the ACT! Help but frankly you need some serious training. I suggest that you contact an ACT! Certified Consultant to see what classes are available.

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129
Nickel Elite Contributor

Slapshot - I sent you a private message in your forum inbox if you still need assist- cheers - FSBill

Bill Williams - Owner/Consultant/Trainer at Fill Staff "ACT! FOR RECRUITERS"
Manage Your ACT! Backups http://fillstaff.com/backupfolderspro.html - FREE
BIG ACT! LAYOUTS for Larger Monitors www.bigactlayouts.com
Protect your Files & Folders with Folder Lock Pro by New Software http://download.cnet.com/Folder-Lock/3000-2092_4-10063343.html