Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Trouble with email history

Trouble with email history

My history record has stopped recording any in going or outgoing emails from my outlook.  I've checked all the prefences in tools and email set-up, the manual attach from outlook won't work either.  Any ideas?

Platinum Super Contributor

Re: Trouble with email history

Hello FSSF,

Welcome to the Act! Online Community!

Here is an article for troubleshooting when history is not recording: No History Recorded from Outlook

Since it was working before, it is very likely that the Act.Outlook.Service program is not running - it is the first step listed in the article.

Greg Martin
Sage

Hello thank you for such a prompt respone, uunfortunatley the problem still persists.  I went through the whole list on the article suggested, the only thing I couldn't complete was clearing a history queue Folder, that directory didn't seem to exist?

For the Historyqueue folder that doesn't appear to exist, it may be that the folder/path is set to 'Hidden'. 

To double check this:

XP operating system: left click on Windows Start button > select 'Run' > enter command '%appdata%... use this window to browse to Historyqueue

Vista/Win7 operating systems: left click on Windows Start button > in 'Search' field > enter '%appdata%'... use this window to browse to Historyqueue 

Greg Martin
Sage

Hi again

Ok I think i'm getting there, I found the history queue folder using your suggestion - there was around 1000 in there.  I've copied them to desk top, deleted all contents from original folder and then I get stuck again.  Act.Outlook.Service.exe isn't listed in my processes tab, although it is in the programme files directory.  I have an Act.Email listed in the processes tab?

Thanks!!!

The next step is to start the Act.Outlook.Service.exe.  In your program directory (default is c:\program files\act\act for windows) - locate the file 'Act.Outlook.Service.exe' and double click on it.  Then check your Task Manager to ensure it is running.  Test your history.

Greg Martin
Sage

Thank you so much for all your help! It seems to be recording new histories now, but it would be very beneficial if I could get the back logged recorded also.  I've tried copying just a few at a time back into the history queue folder from where I saved them on my desktop but they don't seem to be moving?

Thanks again!

When you are copying the files back in, make sure they have both files associated with the message.  There will be both an '*.MSG' and '*.XML' file.  For example: 'tmp34a.xml' and 'tmp34a.msg'.  If the 'xml' files are not present, you may be able to find them in the 'Holding' folder within the Historyqueue folder.  You will need to copy both the xml and msg files into the Historyqueue at the same time.
Greg Martin
Sage