Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Reply

Trouble upgrading Act 6 database

Copper Contributor
Posts: 67
Country: New Zealand

Trouble upgrading Act 6 database

I have an Act 6.0 database I am trying to upgrade to v2012.  The database conversion tends to stop part way through.  The status bar just stays there without progressing

I have rebuilt the database using the Act 6 actdiag database rebuild.  I have created a blank copy & exported the data to the new database.  The conversion now works OK but the problem is that the original database had 6 users with notes but after transferring the data across, all notes & activities are now assigned to 1 user.  How do I create a empty copy database with 6 users?  Thanks

 

Tony

 

Platinum Elite Contributor
Posts: 6,652
Country: USA

Re: Trouble upgrading Act 6 database

You caused that problem when you imported the ACT! 6 database to an empty copy without copying the user my records first and creating the apropriate user accounts in the empty datebase. The only fix is to go back to ACT! 6 and do it over.

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129
Nickel Super Contributor
Posts: 2,486
Country: USA

Re: Trouble upgrading Act 6 database

There are several issues with an ACT! 6 upgrade that can cause a lot of heartburn.  Things like lost attachment links, activity problems, various problems with the databases that are converted, etc.  It might be well worth your time to contact an ACT! Certified Consultant to help and save you a lot of grief.  Think how much time you have lost already!  Let any of us know if we can help.  Brenda

Brenda Dixon
ACT! Certified Consultant
Dixon Consulting Solutions
404-405-4116
brenda@dixonconsultingsolutions.com
www.dixonconsultingsolutions.com
www.GoToAssist.com/sb/dixon (FOR SUPPORT)
Copper Contributor
Posts: 67
Country: New Zealand

Re: Trouble upgrading Act 6 database

I found out what was the problem with the original database.  One of the user records had a huge number of history records saying:


A synchronisation packet was found that may be intended for another database.  The packet is from Username and is intended for C:\DBase\Another user.dbf. 

I am talking about thousands of notes.  I am not exaggerating here.  Many had the same date which I am guessing was the sync attempts.  I deleted these, compressed the database & tried the import again & it worked.  Thanks for the replies.

Tony