Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Trouble creating a new field...

Accepted Solution Solved
Accepted Solution

Trouble creating a new field...

[ Edited ]

I'm trying to import a database from another user and they've created five fields that don't exist in my database (or so it appears).  When I try to create these fields in my database I get a "A field named <my field> already exists.  Choose a new field name." message box.  The fields in question do not appear in the list of fields that are shown in the 'Define Fields' window.  However, when I open the contact layout in Act, I see that my 5 fields are assigned to 5 fields on the form.  So...the fields exist....but don't.  What gives?

[edit]

Forgot to mention that these fields on my contact layout are greyed out/disabled when viewing contacts.

Message Edited by ChuckG on 02-01-2010 03:43 PM

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author chuckg
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Copper Contributor

Re: Trouble creating a new field...

These are pre defined system fields in ACT , they won't appear on the field list and won't be able to map information to them.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Copper Contributor

What are the names of the fields?

The five fields in question are:

• Last Attempt
  • Last E-mail
  • Last Meeting
  • Last Reach
  • Letter Date
Solution
Accepted by topic author chuckg
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Copper Contributor

These are pre defined system fields in ACT , they won't appear on the field list and won't be able to map information to them.

Thanks Hillrider.  I just got off a chat (hadn't seen your comment yet) with ACT tech support, and they confirmed that those fields are system fields.  However, he agreed with my position that, if you're importing another ACT database, you would presumably want the data contained in those fields.  It was a bug in his mind, and he's supposed to be escalating it for possible inclusion in future versions.