Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Trouble attaching email history Outlook 2007 to Act 2010

gwc

Trouble attaching email history Outlook 2007 to Act 2010

[ Edited ]

Ok so I've been doing this action for over a year and now it's not working.

In Outlook 2007 I hit the Attach to ACT! Contacts button and up until today it would attach the text of the email  message in ACT 2010 as a history including the subject line. Now, however, it only attaches the message text for 2 to 3 messages and then stops working. The only thing it appends to the ACT contact history is Email Auto Attached and the subject field of the email. I need it to append the message text as well. My only workaround this problem is to exit ACT as well as Outlook and restart. Then it works again for 2 or 3 emails, and quits working again.

I've spent some time on the forums and found a set up for Outlook Rules, which I set up for ACT Address Book to Auto Attach email to Contact History --> date/time/sujbect + message text, but still no relief.

Why has this suddenly happened? I've rebooted the computer, done back up on ACT as well as run the Database Maintenance tool, but is still not working as it did just yesterday.

Please help!

Edited to add:

I've checked and yes indeed the ACT.Outlook.Service is running

Now my "workaround" of restarting ACT and Outlook is not working. I'd really rather not have to copy/paste each and every email that I get.

Another thing I'm noticing is that when then email is a returned email which didn't go through the history doesn't append anything at all whatsoever, where it used to.

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Trouble attaching email history Outlook 2007 to Act 2010

Hello gwc,

Welcome to the Sage ACT! Community. Please see if the suggested solutions in KB Article 19948 help resolve the issue. If the History Queue folder (mentioned in the article) has items in it, then I would recommend deleting them. Also, you may to try removing then re-adding the ACT! address book in Outlook.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

gwc

Hi, thanks for responding.  I've followed all the instructions, however it is still not working, unfortunately.

Oddly it is working on other machines in the office. Could the problem be because the database files are located on a server which is running Windows 7 64 bit, while my machine is running Win XP, 32 bit?

I'm just ready to tear out my hair at this point.  Smiley Mad

gwc

Hello,

Now email history is not being recorded on any of the machines.  Our office depends on recording history through emails.

Is there anything else we can do? It was working beautifully about 3 weeks ago now. Would uninstalling and reinstalling ACT help?

Has User Account Control been disabled on the Windows 7 server? If not, I would advise disabling (will require a reboot).

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

gwc

Thanks for your help, Greig.

User Account Control wasn't disabled, but I disabled it and did a re-boot.

I did a test and now it's back to square one: the history recorded is only the subject of the email, but not the body of the message. Auto-attach in Outlook 2007 functions the same way with the body of the message being blank.

Did you say that the entire message would attach for 2-3 messages and then start only attaching the subject? Is this what is happening now? Is this for both incoming, outgoing, and manually attached emails?

Greig Hollister

gwc

[ Edited ]

I stand corrected, I'm not exactly at square one Smiley Wink which was to attach history for 2-3 messages and then stop working.

From my computer emails being sent are recorded in history as subject line only but the body of the message is blank. Manually attached incoming emails has the same result. Mail merge using a template from ACT also has the same result.

I did a test from one of the other computers and sending an email manually isn't recording an "E-mail sent" history at all - neither subject nor message body. It's as if Outlook and ACT are not communicating at all even though clicking on the email address opens up Outlook.  

gwc

I'm still having troule with this issue. Each time we send emails from ACT no history is recorded, so I need to do so manually which is getting to be a big time waster. Is there anyone that can help me?

Please.

gwc

I'm going to uninstall ACT 2010 and re-install and hopefully that will resolve the issue.