Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Trouble Synching after computer reformat

Trouble Synching after computer reformat

I was synching ACT! 2007 regularly between a PC and a laptop.  After a computer virus the PC was reformatted and received a different name and the sync no longer worked.  All the informtion on the laptop (child database) became the most current and accurate information.  I have tried everything I can think of to make the old sync work.  (I changed the computer name back to the old name, made sure everything was on the network, sync server working, all ACT! updated to latest updates, etc.)  and none of this worked.  So I backed up the child database and opened it as the main database, but when I try to set up the sync set from this database, I get "error converting datatype nvarchar to bit" as the error message.  What should I do to conserve the data? 

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Trouble Synching after computer reformat

Please see the information relating to this error in the following Knowledgebase article:

Error: “Failed To Create Remote Database. Error Converting Data Type Nvarchar To Bit. Please Contact...

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Re: Trouble Synching after computer reformat

Thanks, I won't find oudt if this works until Tuesday..when the laptop returns to the office....