Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Trouble Importing 2010 Excel file into ACT2011 Pro hours spent? bout ready to burn the CD

Trouble Importing 2010 Excel file into ACT2011 Pro hours spent? bout ready to burn the CD

I have used former versions of ACT without issues.  Today I simply tried to Import a 2010 Excel contact dadtabase file into ACT Pro 2011    After finishing the first time, there was no database created, cannot be found    then later after several more attempts, I got message that "Accessto the path 'C:\Program Data\Sage Software Inc\Sage Act!\13.0.401.01ImportCSV.txt is denied"  so   ????eed

Then I tried converting the Excel file to CSV then imported Text Dele file  and  this error message went away, but then after the ACT message said everything was capatable when hitting Finish,  the database could not be found anywhere in ACT in Contacts? 

Started all this at 3PM today at work then left at 5:30  no another hourt at home and still NO GO ?????  I am no computer expert,, but I do use Excel and Office Suite daily and other  finacial software such as ARGUS.  I have never had so much trouble attempting such a simple task?  Any ideas as to why all this trouble?  thanks