02-08-2009 09:06 PM
I am using ACT 2007 (vers 9) on a Windows 2008 Server and receive the following error when I get to the point of Creating a Remote Datebase:
"Failed to create remote datebase XYZ123. Error converting data type navarchar to bit. Please contact the administrator for more help. Would you like to create another database?"
I had previously been able to create databases. but one day it just stopped letting do it.
Any help will be appreciated.
02-12-2009 12:34 PM
ACT! 2007 is not compatible with Windows 2008. Try detaching your database, delete the PAD file and open with ADF.
- Close ACT!.
- Go to Start > Run > actdiag.
- Select Database > Database List.
- Select your database name, right click and select Detach Database.
- Go to the location of your database and delete the PAD file.
- Open ACT!, select Open Database.
- Change Files of type to ADF.
- Open ADF of your database
- Attempt to create a remote database.