Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Tricky Customers Report

Copper Contributor

Tricky Customers Report

So I am trying to run a report or lookup to find previous customers that did NOT purchase in 2012.

I am using the status/id field for "customer" but other than running two reports and comparing manually, I'm not having any ideas. I'm thinking there should be a way to run this report, but I'm not finding it. Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you!

Platinum Super Contributor

Re: Tricky Customers Report

Can you provide more detail on how you track which customers have purchased, and when?

Is there a field you populate? Are you using Opportunities?

Which 2 reports are you referring to, to compare?
Greg Martin
Sage
Copper Contributor

When a contact or company purchases, I change their ID/Status to Customer. I also record an opportunity with all their purchase information manually,

However, I have more businsses and contacts in my database than just customers. So I was running a lookup of just customers (over the time frame of ever) and then a report of opportunities won in 2012. Then I could manually compare the list of customers to see who was NOT on my list.

Does that make sense?

Platinum Super Contributor

Yes, I understand what you are trying to accomplish.  Here is an option you may want to try:

Create a Lookup of contacts associated with Opportunities closed-won in 2012:

- Opportunities list > set date filter to Custom 1/1/2012 through 12/31/2012 > set Status to 'Closed - won'

This will be a list of all of the Opps won in 2012...

- Highlight the whole list of opps > right click in highlighted area > select 'Create Lookup'

You will now be on the Contact List screen with a list of all contacts that were associated with the opps from the list

Update all contacts that purchased in 2012:

*Determine a contact field that you do not use (ex: User 10)

- While on the contact list view > click Edit > Replace Field

- Select the target field (ex: User 10), enter a value of '2012'

- Click OK, the contacts listed in the lookup will have that field updated

You can now identify all 'Customers' that purchased in 2012, and which did not.

To get the list of Customers that did not purchase in 2012:

- Customize the columns in the Contact List view (View > Customize Columns) and add the field updated

- Perform a Lookup for all Customers

- Sort the updated field (click on the field header)

- Highlight all customers with 2012 in the field (rest should be blank) > select 'Omit Selected'

Note: Since this involves updating multiple contacts, I recommend creating a backup before performing this function (File > Backup > Database).

Greg Martin
Sage