Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Accepted Solution

Trial Expired...Need Backup Data

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Trial Expired...Need Backup Data

[ Edited ]

We recently released the 2012 version of the ACT! DIagnostics tool (ACTDiag v14) that has some additional features which can help resolve your issue. This tool is backwards compatible with all SQL-based versions of ACT!. The issue you have is that Premium databases cannot be opened in the Pro version. ACTDiag v14 can downgrade your database from Premium to Pro so you can open it. The tool can be found in KB Article 27607 (just published yesterday). To first make a backup, click the link at the top of the article for Backup Database (SQL BAK File) under the Actions Menu section. Then click the link for Downgrade from Premium. You should then be able to open your database in the Pro version. Please post any questions or issues you might have when using this tool.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

PacificInspection,
I would be interested in your feedback on the new ACTDiag tool. Did it help to resolve the issue for you?

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

I am actually just taking a look at this right now. I have followed the instructions in the KB you posted. I am assuming the backup and the downgrade are 2 separate functions that are independent of each other?

Once I do both, I just uninstall Premium and install Pro? Will my downgraded version of my database get deleted? I am afraid of uninstalling Premium at the moment.

Please advise if I am doing this correctly or not.

Thanks.
Solution
Accepted by topic author PacificInspection
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM

Yes, they are two separate functions. Do the backup first (not required, but advised), then the downgrade. Then you can uninstall Premium and install Pro. This will not affect your database as it is in separate location from the program.

Important Note: After you do the downgrade, do not open the database in Premium as that will upgrade it back up to Premium. Uninstall Premium, reboot your machine, install and register Pro, then open the database.

Greig Hollister

I'll give you some feedback, it will save me time later this week. By thge way I'm posting the KB link in the ACC discussion group.

Roy Laudenslager
Retired ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129
Highlighted

Greig,

I followed your instructions exactly and everything worked perfect!  All I had to do was in stall my purchased version of Pro and ACT! opened right up as if nothing ever changed after the trial.  I didn't even have to open my database and all my settings were there.

Thanks!