Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Transferring files from Filemaker Pro 6

Transferring files from Filemaker Pro 6

Looking at transferring my database from Filemaker to Act. Just can't figure out how to do it. Any ideas??
Copper Contributor

Re: Transferring files from Filemaker Pro 6

Hi

Here is a link suggesting you can use ODBC to connect to Filemaker data:

If this works, you should be able to pull the data into SQL Server, Excel, Access, or text, and then use ACT! import capbilities from there.

For more powerful import functionality, have a look at Inaport for ACT (from us), or itImport from CRM Addons.

Regards

David Evans
Platinum Elite Contributor

oceanpearl wrote:
Looking at transferring my database from Filemaker to Act. Just can't figure out how to do it. Any ideas??

If you just want contact fields, export the data to CSV or TXT... ACT! will then import it.

If you need activities, notes, histories, companies, secondary contacts, then it's a bit more complex

david wrote:
For more powerful import functionality, have a look at Inaport for ACT (from us), or itImport from CRM Addons.

Hi David,

itImport is actually from CRMAddon. There is a different site for CRM Addons (which is actually Northwoods)
Copper Contributor

thanks Mike - sorry for the mistake
Copper Contributor

Re: Transferring files from Filemaker Pro 9

I have attempted to transfer contact files from my Filemaker Pro 9 dB.  Have just exported from Filemaker format to dbf format the first & last name fields, company name and title.  However, I never get the chance to map them to my newly created act 2010 dB.  I receive an error message that says, "unable to access specified database,.  Unspecified error.

?????????????

At what point do you get that?

What's the last thing you click?

You should export to CSV, not DBF ... I don't think there's an option to open a DBF

Copper Contributor

Well, I have exported my filemaker file(contacts) to csv;howerver, I'm running office 2010beta which isn't supported yet.  So I then save as text and import.  The fields are mapped fine.  The problem now is that my filemaker file contains almost 34000 records.  When the import into ACT 2010 is completed, there always less than 6000 records.

Is there a limit on the number of records that can be imported?

Roger