Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Transferring database from Computer to Computer

Transferring database from Computer to Computer

I've been using ACT 2009 on a PC with Vista Business 32 bit.  I've just done a complete new INSTALL on a new HDD for my laptop and now use Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit.

I've read and tried suggestions here, but still have problems.

When I go on new HDD and RESTORE my database, that's been saved in a BACKUP on a usb drive, I get a message that my database has been upgraded to a later version and I need an update.  When I click on the GET UPDATE popup, it tells me I can't access the update without ADMINISTRATOR priveleges, which I have. 

Anyway...can someone give me some idea of how to transfer my database from ACT 2009 from a Vista HDD to a Windows 7 64 bit HDD?

Thank you for your help.

Keith

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Transferring database from Computer to Computer

Hello Keith,

This message is due to User Account Control (UAC) in Windows 7. There are a couple of ways to workaround this:

- Close ACT!

- Then reopen it by right-clicking on the program icon and selecting Run As Administrator (instead of double-clicking)

- Run the update when prompted

OR

- Disable UAC and restart your machine. Instructions to disable UAC are in KB Article 25665

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.