Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Transfering Data from Act 2006 v 8.0 on one PC to ACT 2010 on another PC

Transfering Data from Act 2006 v 8.0 on one PC to ACT 2010 on another PC

I have ACT 2006 on one PC and I'm trying to transfer the data base from that PC to another PC running ACT 2010.  I exported the v 8.0 data base onto a memory stick and tried to access it on ACT 2006 and it works fine.  On 2010, I try to open a new data base and select the v 8.0 data base (identified as available for sharing by others) on the memory stick and the program aborts.  Message identifies that it can't access the data base and I might have to turn off firewalls.  I turned off the firewalls, shut down anti- virus and it still doesn't work.

How do I make this work?

Re: Transfering Data from Act 2006 v 8.0 on one PC to ACT 2010 on another PC

Are you able to create or open a different database?   Try moving the database from the thumb drive to your local computer and try again.

yes,I am able to access other data bases (demo database and another that I set up) on both PC's.

I moved it from thumb drive to the PC and it still does not work.  The error message is:
The database could not be accessed, check your network connection and verify that your database server is available.  It may be necessary to deactivate any firewall software on your computer or server.

The initial PC is running Windows XP with ACT 2006 v 8.0.  The new PC is running Windows Vista with ACT 2010

Help please

Delete the PAD file and open the ADF instead.

that worked.   thanks for the help