Do you mean 

Transfer to new computers - No disc

Accepted Solution Solved
Accepted Solution

Transfer to new computers - No disc

Hi,

I have a few questions please.

It is time for new computers.

I am running Act! Pro Version 18.0.501.0 from 2016.  It still has all the features I need.

Win 10 latest version

Two computers one base, one remote, closed network

Noticed that on the main computer C Drive, I also have act!_pro_v21_sp0x295 from 2018 --guess I never activated the upgrade?

Did I get lifetime upgrades when I bought pro v18?

I now see an offer for act pro v22. with perpetual license. 

Once I know what I really have, I may try to transfer to two new computers, again one base, and one remote, so just one license.

Or--am I better off buying the pro v22 and starting new in the new computers?

Thank you.

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author schaeffersales
‎12-19-2020 08:24 AM
Silver Super Contributor

Re: Transfer to new computers - No disc

I think that if you can then go for ACT V22 as there are all sorts of issues with your current version regarding licencing if you move them. 

ACT changed the way it licenced the program and so your version would not run on a new computer as you would not be able authenticate or register the licence. They did make available a patch for all versions from 18.1 that would register your product but you would also need to obtain a replacement licence and I think that as V18 is no longer supported that might be a problem. 

Regarding version updates that would depend on if you pay a yearly support fee to Swiftpage that would allow you to do this. 

View solution in original post

All Replies
Solution
Accepted by topic author schaeffersales
‎12-19-2020 08:24 AM
Silver Super Contributor

I think that if you can then go for ACT V22 as there are all sorts of issues with your current version regarding licencing if you move them. 

ACT changed the way it licenced the program and so your version would not run on a new computer as you would not be able authenticate or register the licence. They did make available a patch for all versions from 18.1 that would register your product but you would also need to obtain a replacement licence and I think that as V18 is no longer supported that might be a problem. 

Regarding version updates that would depend on if you pay a yearly support fee to Swiftpage that would allow you to do this. 

That does sound like the simplest thing to do.

Thank you! Happy Holidays!