Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Tracking sales activities

Copper Contributor

Tracking sales activities

I'd like my salesmen to perform a minimum of 25 sales activities per day -- meeting with customers, taking incoming sales calls, making cold calls, sending e-mail blasts, and responding to e-mail inquiries about our products--and keeping a record of those activities.

I don't know how to track it in a way that makes sense. We send e-mail blasts to all 10,000 contacts in our database. The history report includes a line for each of the 10,000 users. This is a problem.

I'd like, at the end of the day, to be able to pull up a history of what each salesman did. Instead of listing everyone who received the e-mail blast, maybe including a line that says 'group e-mail sent.' It would be nice if my salesmen could just manually record a history for each sales activity he or she performs and I could generate a quick, one or two page report for each day.

Is that possible?

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Tracking sales activities

You will probably need to design a custom report to do that for you, or modify an existing Activities report.  You can check to see if there is an ACT! Certified Consultant (ACC) in your area who can do that for you.  Click the following link to locate an ACC in your area:

Find an ACC in your area

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.