Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Tracking email

Tracking email

Is it possible to do the following with Act or an addon:

Send an email out to a list of 150 people with a unique URL in it. When they click on the URL, they see a given webpage which (somehow) updates the Act database with the fact that they (a) viewed the email message; (b) viewed the web page; (c) selected an option on the web page (e.g. accept or decline invitation to attend an event).

I have control over the HTML on the website so can upload a page for the purpose or create one. The website is on a different server from Act (which is shared on 4 computers).

Any help or suggestions gratefully received!

Brian

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Tracking email

Using SwiftPage, you can get reports on which users open and click on links within the email. That would be the easiest way.

Hi GLComputing,

Many thanks for your suggestion. I've had a look at the SwiftPage website and it does not give many details about what the product does.

For example, when an email is sent out, how does the fact that the customer reads the email get registered in Act? If the customer clicks on the email to look at my website, how does that get registered in Act?

Brian

The Pro version generates reports on the users who click on each link which can then be viewed in ACT!.

If you go to http://www.swiftpage.com/Pricing/swiftpage.htm and click on the Live Chat, you'll get an operator who can explain it to you

Nickel Contributor

swiftpage interacts wih your database. the emails swiftpage sends out usually have graphics or some sort of html that needs to be downloaded from somewhere.  Im sure you've received plenty of emails with imbedded graphics? and fancy signature lines and such? well, when someone opens that email, the html content is downloaded from swiftpage and they note that. viola, swiftpage knows a perticular person opened the email. Swiftpage now reports back to your database that this particular person opened that email. they probably use a click thru service for links. in other words, when someone readds your email and they click to go to that particular webpage of yours, the link actually sends them through swiftpage first while only displaying your webpage. There, swiftpage now not only knows this person opened their email but also visited your page. swiftpage reports that back to you.

im sure theres a better explaination of it. have a look HERE and look at the screenshots of how swiftpage incorporates into your ACT database.

Matt Pulsts
Your Intown Handyman
Atlanta, GA

I'm confused.  I thought ACT 2009 allowed you to send e-mails on a daily, weekly or monthly basis.

Am I wrong?