Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Tracking Employee's Activity in ACT! 2010

Tracking Employee's Activity in ACT! 2010

Is there a way to track employee's activities inside act?

The ideal feature would record the activities of an  employee's log in session in ACT. Our employees log into our database with their unique usernames and passwords, and the boss is asking for a report that prints a list of contacts "worked" by a given employee during their log-in session. Attempting to work with report templates has done me no good, as everything sorts activity by contact instead of by employee. 

We are looking for at minimum a way to record the number of contacts edited by a given employee during their login session.

I appreciate your help,

Garrett

IT Dept

Baseline Financial Services

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Tracking Employee's Activity in ACT! 2010

Have you looked at the History Summary Classic report?

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129

Roy, 

Thanks for your response. I had tried this report, it prints the information by contact instead of by employee unfortunately. 

We are looking for a report that will simply show how many contacts have been "worked" by a given employee during the employee's login session. 

The report would ideally print "Employee Name" followed by the number of contacts worked, for example, if one I were to make an edit of some kind on 50 contacts in our database, the report would print two collums, one with my name, the other with the number 50, extra brownie points if the report could print the 50 names of the contacts so the boss can go in and see what change was made. 

The boss is convinced this can happen, even after I've spent hours unsuccesfully researching and playing with reports, I still can't seem to get this one figured out. 

Does anyone have a way to do this?

PS - Our company doesn't use the calender in ACT to schedule any activities, so reports pulling from that won't do it.

Thanks for your help,

Garrett 

Bronze Super Contributor

The reports are likely a waste of time, or at the very best, extremely challenging to do what you want.

Being that you are using ACT! 2010, you could get close to what you are looking for using a SQL Dashboard, which would require some custome SQL scripting.

An easier alternative would be to check out TopLine Dashboard.  Try the 30 day trial.  Might not be able to do the summary count the way you say, but should be able to let you create your list of edited contats per user...

Mscott,

Thanks for this post, Topline Dashboard has some features that look good. It can show accounts that an employee edited or created a note on a contact during a specified time frame. This seems like what the boss is looking for.

Thanks

Garrett

Bronze Super Contributor

Cool. The benefit here also is that it will allow you to do more than just the immediate need. Note that the version with Alerts will let you set up "events" in which you can automatically email the dash reports to anyone, even non Act users.