Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Track progress of campaign

Copper Contributor

Track progress of campaign

[ Edited ]
We are gearing up to use Act! 2009 do a mail and email campaign for about 75 selected contacts. There will be 3 stages of the campaign. I'd like to be able to create reports (or some other type of output) that will allow me to track which contacts responded to the various stages of the campaign, and what their response was. Any tips regarding how to set this up would be appreciated.

Thanks
[Edit: increased font size]
Copper Contributor

Re: Track progress of campaign

I am assuming I would need to set up custom fields for the various data I need to track - ie mailing 1, mailing 1 response, etc.

I am trying now to find out if there is a way to configure reports or some other output that will print out the custom fields that I designate, or export them to a spreadsheet.

Thanks

Nickel Elite Contributor

Vincenzo - I'm not on my production db right now, but if I'm not mistaken, Swiftpage writes data to History entries - not fields. You'd have to use text within a History entry to create a report.
Richard Brust
ACT! Certified Consultant
richard@rbrDataSolutions.com
Copper Contributor

Thanks for the reply.

rbrust wrote:
You'd have to use text within a History entry to create a report.

Can you explain what you mean by this? Is there a way to create reports that would show History entries?

Thanks

Nickel Elite Contributor

An AddOn like TopLine Dash (http://www.toplineresults.com) would do this very easily and cleanly, but you could search by going to Lookup>Search on Keywords, which allows you to search contents of Notes and History (History being what you want).  The benefit of TopLine, for example, is it would save that kind of search/view for you to go back to again and again.

Richard Brust
Copper Contributor

[ Edited ]

I'm not going to be able to install any add-ons, so I need to see if I can do this just with Act!

I want to be able to send 3 different versions of a mailing out, then be able to print a report that shows which contacts got each version of the mailing and what their response, if any, was. And then also show what I did as a followup.

It seems like History will track this to a degree, but I can't figure out how to produce a report or other output that will show these things for all the contacts that were included in the mailing. Seems to me like these would be basic steps in evaluating a mail campaign.

Thanks

Nickel Elite Contributor

To be honest, I just have people use the Swiftpage reports online...
Richard Brust
Copper Contributor

OK. I will take a look and see if Swiftpage is a possibility for us.

Thanks for the help.