Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Total Amount in Opportunities

Total Amount in Opportunities

OK So I sell Services. And our deal size varies based on Scope. I could have a client buting service B for $10,000 and a different buyer buying service B for $100,000. Any work arounds for the limitations of ACT?  Sage ACT! Pro 2011 Version 13.1.111.0, Hotfix 1

Thank you in Advance

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Total Amount in Opportunities

I don't understand what the problem or percieved limitation is. Can you provide more information.

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129

Yep,

Again, I am trying to manage opportunities (Pipeline) and I cannot enter a dollar amount into the appropriate field - It is locked. If you look at the post you can see the dilema same service (product) different prices based on contingency. have scoured help topics to not avail. i want a way to create a meaningful pipeline report and it appears that ACT 2011 will not allow me to do so in line with my business requirements.

A deal for one client for Service B might yield $10,000 in revenue. the same deal for the same service for a different client could yield $50,000. How can i accomodate this.

John,
You can change the Total by changing the price for the product under the Products tab. You can only edit the price if the Opportunity is still Open.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

I am sorry these fields do not match with the deal criteria for my business. I work on a contingency fee where I want to be able to take a total deal size and place it in a field and then manage it based on pipeline stage. is there a way to do that without haveing to use units (don't have them) price per unit (don't have them) and so on?

You really need to provide information like the specific version of the ACT! program that you're using.

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Report Expert
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129

Roy,

If you can look at the last line of my original question you will find that I did in fact provide spcific information on version.

Then you can modify the opportunities and products to accomodate your needs.

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Report Expert
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129

I have in fact done so although it took quite a bit of work to locate the solution. It is not intuitive and it requires extra steps.

Bronze Super Contributor

johngies wrote:

... I want to be able to take a total deal size and place it in a field and then manage it based on pipeline stage.

What does "manage it" mean?

Are you talking about listing opportunities in the list view?

Are you talking about doing lookups to find certain deals?

Are you attempting to report on the data?  If so, using what?  ACT! reports?  Something external?  ACT! dashboards?

When you say "pipeline stages" - are you talking about using ACT!'s Process and Stages feature or are you doing something else?