Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Topline Designer - Activity Error

Accepted Solution Solved
Tuned Listener
Accepted Solution

Topline Designer - Activity Error

Hi All,

I recently purchased Topline designer addon but i am having problems. I cannot get this software to produce an activity report. This is the error I am getting(

System.Data.OleDb.OleDbException (0x80040E14): Could not find stored procedure 'dbo.PRC_CLR_GET_ACTIVITIES'.). I am getting other reports but activities

I had an ACC rebuild the OLEDB Report Objects of my database. It made no difference. The ACC has limited capability.

Currently I am using Act! Pro Version 16.1.207.0, Hot Fix 2.

Any help would be appreciated?

Kind regards

Ollie Barry

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author Tall Lad
‎02-29-2016 05:09 AM
Silver Super Contributor

Re: Topline Designer - Activity Error

I am in the Central time zone.  You can contact me by sending me a private email on the community site or you can get my email address by going to our website which is in my signature.

Stan

If you would like to get more out of ACT! you can find an ACT! Certified Consultant near you by going to:www.act.com/acc.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Stan Smith
ACT! Certified Consultant
ADS Programming Services, Inc.
(205) 222-1661
www.adsprogramming.com
www.actwebhosting.com
Click Here to Purchase Act!

View solution in original post

All Replies
Bronze Elite Contributor

Hi

If you have not done so contact add-on maker link below -

http://www.toplineresults.com/addons/topline-designer.aspx

Tuned Listener

Hi

Thanks for your feedback. They told me to get into touch with Swiftpage. Swiftpage told me to post my problem in this community as they cannot support a 3rd party application.

Going around in circles I am afraid.

Ollie

Silver Super Contributor

I can fix this issue for you but my time would be billable.  Contact me offline if you'd like to discuss it.

Stan

If you would like to get more out of ACT! you can find an ACT! Certified Consultant near you by going to:www.act.com/acc.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Stan Smith
(205) 222-1661
www.adsprogramming.com
www.actwebhosting.com
Tuned Listener

Cool Stan,
Have you an email I can use?
I notice you are in the states, what time zone are you in?
I'm leaving for home now
Talk tomorrow
Ollie
Solution
Accepted by topic author Tall Lad
‎02-29-2016 05:09 AM
Silver Super Contributor

I am in the Central time zone.  You can contact me by sending me a private email on the community site or you can get my email address by going to our website which is in my signature.

Stan

Stan Smith
(205) 222-1661
www.adsprogramming.com
www.actwebhosting.com

Hi Ollie, I apologise that you fell you've been going in circles, but I can confirm that Act! technical support were correct in saying they can't support any third party add-ons. With having no knowledge of how they were created and having no exposure to their usage at all, it wouldn't make any sense for Act! technicians to support those add-ons.

I don't understand why Topline would ask you to contact Act! support, as they are the creators of the add-on they are the only ones in a position to support it, so that is quite disappointing, but I'm sorry you've been back and forth a few times now.

The community here is certainly an excellent resource for problems outside the remit of technical support so please do continue to post in here going forward.

Copper Contributor

This is not a Topline problem. It is a database problem. Your database is missing the Stored Procedure PRC_CLR_GET_ACTIVITIES. I have seen this with several client databases that have been updated through several versions of ACT. Not sure what the cause is but have seen this problem as far back as ACT 2012 databases. There is a Script available from ACT Repair that can be run in SQL Management Studio to rebuild the Stored Procedure. You should either send your database to ACT Repair or find an ACC that can fix it( perhaps Stan).

Rich Gehlbach
richgehl@roadrunner.com
Tuned Listener

Thank you Rich and Steven for your feedback.

I will contact Stan to see if he can help.

I hope Topline and Swiftpage see this thread and work out a remedy for the future.

Thanks once again

Ollie