Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

[Topic] Accidentally changing email addresses

Highlighted

[Topic] Accidentally changing email addresses

We recently upgraded to v20.1 Update 6 from v19.  We are having issues when we try to send emails after linking a different email. 

For example, I am in Outlook and I link an email in my Inbox to an existing contact.  Then I click into ACT, locate a new contact and click the email address hyperlink for that person.  The Outlook new message window pops up behind other windows and the ACT icon starts blinking on our task bar.  If you don't notice that and start typing, your cursor is in the email address field in ACT and it changes the email address.  

Took a while to narrow it down because it does not always happen when you click the email hyperlink, usually the Outlook new message window pops up and the cursor is in the subject field.  However, if you had last linked an email in Outlook, the window does not become active and move your cursor.

Is anyone else experiencing this?

Any suggestions?  It is really messing up a lot of our email addresses because we don't always realize it and make the change.

Christina Theobald

Competitive Strategies, Inc.

Highlighted
Copper Super Contributor

Re: [Topic] Accidentally changing email addresses

Yup this is happening to intermittently for all of our users. No idea how to fix it and I'm pretty sure Act don't care that it's a minor inconvenience