Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Tools / Define fields - is grayed out in RDB

Accepted Solution Solved
Accepted Solution

Tools / Define fields - is grayed out in RDB

Hi,

I have created a databaseRDB which my wife uses to modify forms for me, she enjoys doing that sort of thing. We have found that on her copy databaseRDB under Tools the Define Fields is grayed out, so she can not go in and define fields for me. Is there a way this can be changed?

Regards,

Val

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author Jval
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Bronze Contributor

Re: Tools / Define fields - is grayed out in RDB

Val,

Since version 7 all design changes need to be made in the master database and then when you synchronise the changes are sent to the remote so this is normal for a remote to not have this capability. If you want to make changes do it in the Master database.

Paul Buchtmann
pbuchtmann@ozemail.com.au Australia
Australia's First ACT Consultant (1989)

FREE Record History to change default to Call or To-Do for ACT! 2010-2012 versions. Custom versions also available.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Solution
Accepted by topic author Jval
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Bronze Contributor

Re: Tools / Define fields - is grayed out in RDB

Val,

Since version 7 all design changes need to be made in the master database and then when you synchronise the changes are sent to the remote so this is normal for a remote to not have this capability. If you want to make changes do it in the Master database.

Paul Buchtmann
pbuchtmann@ozemail.com.au Australia
Australia's First ACT Consultant (1989)

FREE Record History to change default to Call or To-Do for ACT! 2010-2012 versions. Custom versions also available.