Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Toolbars Customize Unstable

Copper Contributor

Toolbars Customize Unstable

Have ACT! by Sage 2010, Version 12.0.409.0 Hotfix 4

When I am at the Contacts - Detail View or List View screens and right-click on a toolbar to open a pop-up menu; then select Customize..., at least half the time the workspace jumps to another view. Most often, that is the Companies view. If I then close the "Customize Menus and Toolbars" dialog box and return to the Detail View or List View and repeat my actions, most often the workspace then jumps to the monthly calendar view and pops up a message stating that the program needs to close. When I click on OK, the information box closes, but the program continues to run, just like nothing ever happened. BTW, this occurs on both my desktop and notebook computers.

Does anyone have any thoughts on how to fix this instability?

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Toolbars Customize Unstable

Steve,

This is reported issue that is currently under investigation. The only workaround I have been to come up with at this time, is that you need to do the toolbar customization when you first open the program. If you open the program, then go to other screens besides the contact screen, then go to the contact view and attempt to customize the toolbar, this issue will occur. However, I have found that when you go directly to Tools/Customize/Menus & Toolbars when you first open ACT! after it opens to your contact view (without going to another screen), the issue does not occur. An update will be provided if the status changes or if an alternative work-around to this issue is identified. I apologize for any inconvenience this issue may cause.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.