Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Too many records in synchronisation from remote database

Too many records in synchronisation from remote database

In our company we work with several remote databases (ACT premium 2009) that synchronise to the main database every hour.

Mostly, this works quite allright. But sometimes after I did an import on my remote database (I regularly update fields using an import from a text document) suddenly a large amount of records have to be synchronised.

For example, with my last import I changed about 3000 records. When synchronising to the main database it had to synchronise over 50.000 records! This is taking very long, and has to be started several times before all records are synchronised.

Does anyone recognise this problem, is it something I do wrong, and is there a solution?

I'm looking forward to hearing some suggestions!

Regards, EK

Silver Contributor

Re: Too many records in synchronisation from remote database

We have seen sync break or at least take several (up to 5 or 6) passes when large changes are made to the database.  If the sync is progressing, keep trying and see if you can get it to finish.  Worst case, you'll need to cut new remote databases. We generally have users sync befor a large import or when we make massive changes to the database just in case.  It is much easier than trying to retrreive orphaned data from a lot of remote databases.

Test Drive Act! and Quickbooks over Citrix http://GoTryAct.com

Jon Klubnik| ActTrainer.com
(866)710 4228

ACT! Certified Consultant / ACT! Premier Trainer / ACT! Hosting Provider

Re: Too many records in synchronisation from remote database

Thanks for your input!

Only problem is my imports are'nt that big. In my import only like 1500  fields are changed, so why does the database synchronise 16.000 records then? I'm a bit afraid that maybe too many fields are changed, or unnecessary data is copied.

What's your thought on that?