Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Too Many alarms.

Too Many alarms.

I'm just learning the joys of ACT!.  I've got 2 users that just formed a new partnership.  Their databases are similar, and I've merged them.  When I tested one of the users, I found he's been using alarms as his reminders, and many alarms that had been "cleared" have returned.  When I login as this user, 1800 alarms are started and ACT freezes.  I've tried this on a couple of different computers, the last 1 being a Core 2 Quad with 4GB of DDR3 RAM.  It isn't quite a resource issue, I think.  None of the Cores are being maxed out, and there is still plenty of free RAM and VM.

Any ideas on how to resolve this problem?

Thanks,

Chris Peterson

Re: Too Many alarms.

Give a call to support.  They will have a utility to clear alarms to a set date.

Done and resolved.  Thanks

Finding every version of Act! more and more frustrating than the last, we've been using it since forever.  I've spent hours, upon hours trying to figure out why the .exe rages beyond total physical or virtual memory shortly after opening it.  If it wasn't for my client telling me that she had been adding a bunch of future dates and I just happen to catch a reminder or call prompt for 65 calls, I would have never associated these with alerts.

It's almost 2am EST, I don't have paid Act! support, we're using Act! 2007 and I just need the damned reset tool.  We can't upgrade since our primary server is Windows Server 2000 and I'm really just about had it.

Why is it so difficult to provide these tools under the registered downloads?