Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

To finalize the registration, the database administrator must login first

Copper Contributor

To finalize the registration, the database administrator must login first

I have just tried to Restore a backup file from my laptop to my desktop and got the message

"To finalize the registration, the database administrator must login first"

As there is only me using ACT! on my 2 PCs, I'm puzzled by this reference to an Administrator. 

(I Backed Up the ACT! database on my laptop using the only Unsername and Password I ever use on my laptopm and desktop.)

Is there some default Admin username and password? (I'd look in Help only for som reason it is blank.)

I have Act! Pro Version 16.0.291.0, Hot Fix 5, Windows 7.

Hope someone can help!

Thanks.

Copper Super Contributor

Re: To finalize the registration, the database administrator must login first

Hello,

maybe this link could help you out.

Best regards

David

www.crmaddon.com

Copper Contributor

Thanks for sending the link - I did not know about signing in as administrator.

However, when I do this, it tries automatically to open an old database (which I can get into).

If instead I cancel that database and try to open the newly Restored one (having Run as Administrator) I get exactly the same message: "To finalize the registration, the database administrator must login first"

Which is rather Catch 22 - I Run as Administrator but am told I need to log in as Administrator..... hmmmmm. Weird.

Copper Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

Okay that’s pretty weird.

But I found something that help in the past you can see it here hope one of this solutions could help you.

Best Regards

David

www.crmaddon.com

I also had this problem.  Seems to occur with Windows 7 & Vista.  Solution that worked for me was:

Click Start Menu.  Go tp Programs. Cllick on ACT!(your version). Move down to the ACT!(your version) line and right click on it.  Click on Properties.  Click on the Compatability Tab. Check the "Run this program in Compatability mode for:"  Select Windows X P.  Also, under Privilege Level click Run this program as an administrator.  Then restart ACT!  You should now be able to register!