Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

To do list question

To do list question

Hello, I would like my to do list to be on the right side of my screen at all times.  How do I make it that way? My IT guy is out for a week, but I see tht others have it set up that way on their computers.  Thanks

Platinum Super Contributor

Re: To do list question

I believe you are referring to the option 'Open each view in it's own window'.  This can be enabled through the Tools > Preferences > Startup tab.

Greg Martin
Sage

I tried that and that isn't it.  When viewing contacts or anything in ACT, I would like to have a windo to the right with the "to-do" items for that day and if I don't get to something, I can drag it into another day on the mini-calendar on top.  Thanks

Bronze Super Contributor

ACT! does not support multiple monitors. When you set the options "Each View in its own window" the view is still a child in the parent ACT form and can not be moved outside of it.

At Durkin Computing we developed an add-on for ACT! called Impact Business Suite which supports multiple monitors among many, many other features. Each ACT view will reside on its own window can be moved into other monitors. In fact we have one client with 6 monitors and each ACT view resides in a different monitor. Calendar in the top middle, Opportunities on the lower right....

To read more or download the free trial check out:

http://durkincomputing.com/

Thanks for your time.

-- Jim Durkin

Thanks for the reply but other people in the office have a view on their computer where they have the to-do list always on the right side, this has nothing to do with another window or add-on. 

Platinum Super Contributor

Can you provide a screen shot of the desired screen layout? It may be easier to provide an answer knowing what it looks like.
Greg Martin
Sage