Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Timeless activities in "Contact Report"

Nickel Contributor

Timeless activities in "Contact Report"

Does anyone know why the activity subreport in a report such "Contact Report" does NOT show the timeless activities for the day/week/month etc. etc.  Sure would be handy to see what I have in store for the day that isn't a timed/scheduled event.

-P 

Nickel Contributor

Re: Timeless activities in "Contact Report"

You would think this would be an easy question.  I guess not.

-P

Nickel Elite Contributor

When I tested it, the timeless activities showed up in the Contact report. However, they showed the date they were scheduled for but they also listed the time when the activity was scheduled. I know from my work with reports that and development confirmed that all date and time fields in MSSQL have both a date and time component. The ACT! screen and report filtering hides the time component for a timeless activities but the actual report fields do not. Some fields that specify only date or time will display only the date or time in the report masking off the unwanted component. However, when doing script programming in a report using a so called date or time field, I have to mask off the unwanted component as part of the script.

I agree that if the activity is set to timeless, it should show timeless or no time in the reports. I would make a suggestion for that.

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
Techbenders
royel@techbenders.com
Nickel Contributor

[ Edited ]

Roy,

Thanks! I knew that was an issue.

Just to let you know I am kind of flabbergasted right now. I watch cartoons every once-in-a-while with my little daughter. I find Tom and Jerry an interesting cartoon. it's very violent, but in a sense teaches us a lesson.

You'll laugh after I'm done. I promise.

Tom always gets the worse of it all. In one, he is shot up like swiss cheese and survives! The story can be compared to ACT!. There are so many holes in this software...the basics... that Sage is like Tom. I am surprised ACT! is not dead by now. It has so many holes, it's like swiss cheese. Even the very basics aren't there in many instances. {edited - please post courteously}

-P

Message Edited by tashina on 05-06-2008 02:49 PM