Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Timeless activities got an alarm when Rolled over to today?

Copper Contributor

Timeless activities got an alarm when Rolled over to today?

I have a new issue. Today I rolled over all my timeless activities and now  each one has an alarm some are 5 minutes and some are 0 minutes. Previously, none of my timeless activities had alarms.....before the rollover....... I see no place in preferences that I could have checked to adjust this. Has anybody else had this issue?

I  was syncing with Outlook but not longer do so. I am not sure if this is something left over from that "experiment".... I mean experience..... I am syncing my calendar with Google..... Thanks for any help in advance.....(ACT 2012/ windows 7)

npf

Re: Timeless activities got an alarm when Rolled over to today?

I am very curious to know if you ever resolved your issue with alarms being set on timeless  previously non-alarm activities.  I am having this same issue currently.  I have narrowed the issue to integrating to Google Calendar.  In fact, I am having so much difficulty with syncing either with Outlook or Google, I have decided to 1) Use Google exclusively and no longer sync to Outlook and 2) perform strictly one-way outgoing integrations to Google Calendar.  In this way, my ACT! database remain pristine, but each non-alarm activity sent to Google is populated with a "0-minute" reminder. 

One unsatisfactory work-around that I am employing is to configure the Google Integration Advanced Preferences/Specify Where Activity Alarms Will Ring  to "Ring Activity Alarm in Sage ACT!" only.  This is unsatisfactory, because activities that ARE associated with an ACT! alarm will not have a reminder in Google.

So is there a known fix for "no-alarm" activities which have been integrated with Google Calendar, remaining as "no-reminder" activities once in Google Calendar?