Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Time Zones ???

Copper Contributor

Time Zones ???

I have a question about time zones and syncing ACT!

I have a rep on the west coast and my home office is Eastern time. The rep syncs with our server on Eastern time. We originally set up his laptop here, so I am not 100% certain we set the Time Zone in Windows to Pacific Time, it may still be on Eastern Time. I need to confirm his settings, anyway...

I am wondering, if my west coast reps enter an appointment in the Calendar for 4:30pm and it shows up on my calendar at 7:30pm is that ACT! on my server syncing and changing the times on my view to Eastern, because I am Eastern?

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Time Zones ???

ACT! should store the times in UT (Universal Time, used to be called GMT) and an offset for the Windows Regional setting - so, they do get converted.

For more info, see this ACT! Knowledge Base article - http://tinyurl.com/4xomkb

The exception is ACT! for Web, where the user can select their time-zone

Mike:

Found this old post, referring us to the KB article that uses the ACTDIAG function to change time zones on the database.  I went from my Arizona computer to my Michigan computer, and the appt times shifted by the 3 hr time diffference.  Walked through the steps several times, adjusting to the AZ time zone . . . but the times did not change back.  Any thoughts?  Thanks,

Ben

Platinum Elite Contributor

Hi, Mike:  Worked around it last time, but I am back in MI.  I did a restore of the AZ database to the MI computer, choosing a different name for the database.  When I restored, the times shifted again.  Did Actdiag, and it shows the time as

(UTC-12:00) International Date Line West.  My AZ computer is on AZ time, and my MI computer is on Eastern DST.  And the times shifted the 3 hours, the time differential. For example, I have an appointment on Friday that was scheduled when I was on my AZ computer; it is scheduled for 2:30 PM.  On my MI computer ACT now shows the appointment as 5:30 PM.  So, truly, I am comfused.

Thanks for any additional advice,  Ben