Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Time Reports using ACT 2010

Time Reports using ACT 2010

Is there a  way to construct a "time report" for completed activities by Group in ACT 2010? I had such a report in Act 6.0 that allowed me to develop a summary of time spent with each group (in my case, groups are projects) ccompanied by a listing of activities for any particular time period (date, time, duration, regarding). For example, for billing purposes I want to know how much time that I sepnt on "project x" in the last quarter.  I've tried to convert my old time report but ACT 2010 doesn't support all of its features, and I've tried to modify various reports in 2010 to no avail.

Thanks.

Bronze Super Contributor

Re: Time Reports using ACT 2010

If this is possible using the Act! report writer, it likely will require some special scripting to pull off, although I could be wrong.  The resident reporting master guru is Royel - he will likely let you know if it is doable...

Alternatives, depending upon whether you need a 'conventional' report or can use a 'dashboard:

• You might be able to construct a dash component for this using the Act! 2010 datachart component (you might want to look into the DevNet SQL Chart component which is an updated version with an SQL query builder in it).
  • Create a report using the new OLEDB 2.0 report provider along with Crystal reports or Excel or MS Access, depending upon what you are accustomed to.
  • Stonefield Query should be able to do it (if it is doable) - and might even have a similar report created.
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Time Reports using ACT 2010

It would be interesting to see what the ACT! 6 report template looked like. As far as accumulating time information from the history of cleared activities can be done. The trick would be to accumulate the information specific to a group. I can see the possibility of several was to make that happen but a lot depends on how your database is set up. I would be interested in discussing it further off-line.
Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129