Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

This shouldn't be this difficult! Pocket PC sync problems

Copper Contributor

This shouldn't be this difficult! Pocket PC sync problems

[ Edited ]

4th Update - My previous phone was a HTC Touch Pro with Windows Mobile 6.1 and it worked OK

3rd Update - I removed and reinstalled MS ActiveSync 4.5 and ACT! PocketPC then followed the manual removal procedure found at

How to Manually Remove ACT! Link for Pocket PC How to Manually Remove ACT! Link for Pocket PC               [Edit: shortened link]

I then hard booted the HTC phone and reinstalled everything there.

My first sync went fine. Then I added 1 phone number and the next sync was 880 out of 1068 with 2 unresolved issues ~ Any ideas why that is?

I then tried a desktop overwrite and it doubled all the contacts in the phone ~ What the heck is going on?

2nd Update - I was hoping SP1 might fix this problem - what was I thinking!

After install of SP1 I sync'd my HTC Touch Pro 2 Windows Mobile 6.1 and the following are some of the issues. My database has 1068 contacts - After sync it had 1070. I didn't spend the time to see which had changed, I just restored the database. I also had many activities that changed incorrectly. Times became wrong - Alarms disappeared - Alarm times changed

This is very frustrating - Can anybody help!

ORIGINAL POST ~ I am running ACT 2010 on a desktop with Windows XP Pro. I am using a HTC Touch Pro 2 phone. I am trying to sync ACT with the phone and having issues almost every time. My database has 1070 contacts and I have the phone set to only sync the ACT contacts and activities, nothing else. I can make 1 change to the database and my next sync will find perhaps 50-60 changes in the contacts and 10-20 changes in activities. If I have no changes to the database the same thing happens. Or, worse yet, I just added 2 contacts to the database and attempted a sync and ActiveSync found 1675 changes in the database and 36 changes in activities. Now when I open the database I have many duplicates and errors. Thank goodness I backed up the database. I have uninstalled Pocket PC and the database numerous times and keep having the problem. I have checked the database for errors and find none. Any ideas as to what is going on?

Message Edited by roberts123 on 03-09-2010 02:13 PM
Message Edited by roberts123 on 03-09-2010 02:14 PM
Message Edited by ghollister on 03-09-2010 09:31 PM
Message Edited by roberts123 on 03-09-2010 10:07 PM
Nickel Elite Contributor

Re: This shouldn't be this difficult! Pocket PC sync problems

Are you using the PocketPC install that comes with the ACT! installation?  If so, I don't think that works with the new Windows Mobile OS.  You want to look at something called CompanionLink, which will sync with your phone.
Richard Brust
ACT! Certified Consultant
richard@rbrDataSolutions.com
Copper Contributor

Re: This shouldn't be this difficult! Pocket PC sync problems

Thanks for the info. I thought ACT! Pocket PC worked with Windows Mobile phones. Am I wrong? Why did it work with my Touch Pro and now not with my Touch Pro 2 when they both run Windows Mobile 6.1? Frustrating to have to pay additional to get ACT! to sync with my handheld device when Sage advertises ACT! It will sync with PDA's. I'm about ready to nix ACT! after being in the club since ver 3.0 and jump to Outlook or maybe even Windows Live. I won’t have the flexibility but also won’t have the sync problems.

I have beta tested ACT for years and feel quite disappointed. What have you heard about ACT Mobile and should I wait for that to be released?