Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

They say there are no dumb questions...

They say there are no dumb questions...

But I'm feeling kinda dumb. I've had Act for several versions, currently with 2010 on my desktop and 2011 on my laptop.

What I'm trying to figure out is as follows:

I've never used Act! well, but I need to get good at cold calling, and followup too. Perfect, right? So let's say I have 500 leads, and want to start calling them. I'm looking for the most efficient and sensible way of doing so using Act!. I stare at the list of 500, start calling, and can't figure out how to mark them such that it's easy to tell tomorrow, when I come back to it, which ones I've called, and which I haven't.

Should be the most basic of ideas, but I'm missing something.

Any help?

Nickel Super Contributor

Re: They say there are no dumb questions...

There are no dumb questions - we are all ignorant about something!  Here are a couple of suggestions/questions.
1.  Did you create an activity for each of the contacts?  If so, you can work from the task list -- if you right-click and customize the columns, it will add the phone field to the task list so you can use it as a call list.  Then you can right-click on the contact and choose record history.  This will keep the history of the call and you can mark it as completed with details, attempted, etc.

2.  If you don't want to create an activity for the contacts, you could do a look-up of the 500 contacts, go to the list view of the contact screen.  As you complete a call, you can highlight the contact, then right-click and record a history.  You can then right-click again and omit that contact from the list.  If you lose your place, you could search by last edit date and that should give you a list of people you haven't called yet.

Hope that helps!

Brenda Dixon
ACT! Certified Consultant
Dixon Consulting Solutions
404-405-4116
brenda@dixonconsultingsolutions.com
www.dixonconsultingsolutions.com
www.GoToAssist.com/sb/dixon (FOR SUPPORT)

Re: They say there are no dumb questions...

Thank you - I'll give those a try and see how it works out.