Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

These things were reset after an update - ACT! 2007 (9.0) v9.0.1.162, Hotfix 3

These things were reset after an update - ACT! 2007 (9.0) v9.0.1.162, Hotfix 3

Hello All, Just a heads up if you are planning to apply Hotfix 3 on ACT! 2007 (9.0). My experience was the following:
- All customized commands were disabled and deleted and had to be recreated. What was worse was the customized commands icons on the various toolbars were distorted and nonfunctional. I had to recreate the custom commands and then attach them to the various toolbars.
- The ACT! Bar on the left hand side. All the customization was removed and the default settings were applied.
- All backup settings were reset to default locations. Fortunately, I noticed this before I did a backup.

Now all of the above happened in early January. But, here is the thing that has me totally pissed off. . .

I use Outlook as my email program and typically send messages from Outlook and don't bother to start them in ACT! however today I did start an email message from within ACT! and was greeted with a message saying that an email program has not been set up. I have checked and walked through the wizard to set up an email program.

So, now I have to backtrack a month's worth of emails to see if they have been associated with the Contact.

The moral of this story is to make sure you double check all settings and customizations after you have done an update or apply a hotfix.

Regards, Michael
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: These things were reset after an update - ACT! 2007 (9.0) v9.0.1.162, Hotfix 3

Yes, one of the reasons behind the Hotfix is to fix a damaged preferences file... I haven't run it in a while, so not sure if they state that during the install

Re: These things were reset after an update - ACT! 2007 (9.0) v9.0.1.162, Hotfix 3

[ Edited ]
I updated to Hotfix 3 long ago and every time I get a message from Act requesting to check for updates, whether I say yes or no, I lose all my preferences!
Message Edited by RChappo on 05-15-2008 06:53 AM