Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

There is an Addon for that!! Calculating values in one field accross mulitple contacts in a group?

There is an Addon for that!! Calculating values in one field accross mulitple contacts in a group?

Situtation:

I have a group of contacts that have the number people registered for an event in a field called RegisteredCount.  I want to calculate the number of people registered for my event for by adding up the field, RegisteredCount for all my contact or just a certain group.  Is there an Addon for this?

Amanda Denison

Summit 7 Consulting

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: There is an Addon for that!! Calculating values in one field accross mulitple contacts in a group?

You could just do a lookup for the records and the count will be displayed in the toolbar

Re: There is an Addon for that!! Calculating values in one field accross mulitple contacts in a group?

That would just tell me the total number of people who signed up, they might have registered for 2, 3, 4 or more of their coworkers.

Mike Smith  - 1

Jane Sweet  - 3

Chris Japple - 2

Total: 6

Your method would just give me 3 total contacts registered.

Thanks for your input. Any other ideas?

Platinum Elite Contributor

Platinum Super Contributor

One solution may be to customize the columns in your Contact List view (View > Customize Columns), add the field RegisterCount to the list, then export the data to Excel for easy manipulation.

Perform your lookup (the numbers will now be included in the Contact List view) > click on the Export to Excel icon to create an Excel spreadsheet with the information displayed in the Contact List > enter a formula in the Excel spreadsheet to add all of the numbers in the desired column.

Greg Martin
Sage