Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

The "database not accessible" question...again

RDL

The "database not accessible" question...again

Hello all,

I've been an ACT! customer since 1st ACT! in 1992???  It made us about $4000 the first month we used it.  Been sold on it ever since.  But it can be a MAJOR pain in the .... sometimes.

Have followed everything I can find on this subject here, as far as I know, and nothing works.

The database has been updated for use with ACT! Pro 2011 (yes, stuff in there all the way back to 1992), resides on a peer-to-peer network computer (XP Pro) where it was created, is shared, all exceptions & ports have been added, everything is shared with full access to all folders, etc. but it will not allow access from another computer on the network (with it's own same version ACT! license).

I've even tried creating the database using "restore as" on the other computer (Win7), making all the adjustments there, but it too will not allow access from the other computer.

Been through all the kb articles, item by item, still not working.  Any suggestions?

RDL

Re: The "database not accessible" question...again

Never mind.  Read a few more posts on the subject, trying everything as I went, and finally fixed it by using the IP address of the host computer instead of the network computer name.

Platinum Super Contributor

Re: The "database not accessible" question...again

Hello RDL,
Welcome to the Sage ACT! Online Community!

Glad to hear you were able to resolve the issue! Thank You for posting the follow-up.
Greg Martin
Sage