Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

The first instance of a Recurring Activity does not appear on the starting date, only the 2nd instance date is visible..

Accepted Solution Solved
Copper Contributor
Accepted Solution

The first instance of a Recurring Activity does not appear on the starting date, only the 2nd instance date is visible..

When I scedule and Activity for today, February 28th and click Recurrence, set it for Weekly, starting February 28th with no end date and then click OK, the first instance of the Acitvity should be February 28th, but it shows up on the Acitivity & Task List as March 7th.

Thank you in advance for your help with this...

David

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author davidb
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Bronze Super Contributor

Re: The first instance of a Recurring Activity does not appear on the starting date, only the 2nd instance date is visible..

Make sure that you filters on the Task list are set to include "Today".

Also, it is not a great idea to created recurring activities with no end date - loads up the database with tons of future stuff.  Better to put it out a year or two depending how often you are setting the recurrence rate...

View solution in original post

All Replies
Solution
Accepted by topic author davidb
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Bronze Super Contributor

Re: The first instance of a Recurring Activity does not appear on the starting date, only the 2nd instance date is visible..

Make sure that you filters on the Task list are set to include "Today".

Also, it is not a great idea to created recurring activities with no end date - loads up the database with tons of future stuff.  Better to put it out a year or two depending how often you are setting the recurrence rate...

Copper Contributor

Maybe that is one of the reasons why my Act! is running so slow.

Is there a better way to set recurring actives such as a call to a past client once or twice a year or a birthday reminder? Not reasy to remeber to remember to reset all these recurring activites every 1 or 2 years.

David

Bronze Super Contributor

Well, if you are talking about only creating a handful of recurrences per year, than push out the end date sufficiently to be reasonable.  You just don't want to be creating an unending string of future activities.

I have stuff that I schedule weekly, and in those cases, I tell it to stop after a year or so...

Copper Contributor

Sounds reasonable but unfortunately I have already create more than a handful of unending future activities and I think this may be slowing things down. Do you know of a way that I can do search and bring up all the current unending activities so that I can apply a ending date to each?

David