Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

The file you are attempting to restore does not contain an Act! backup

Re: The file you are attempting to restore does not contain an Act! backup - NOT RESOLVED

Greg,

The original database files are not available.  I assumed - quite logically, I feel - that when I "backed up" my files into Zip format, that I was backing up everything - including .adf files.

The reason all this happened is I that the performance of my old Vista laptop had gotten unaccecptably slow, so after buying the Windows 7 machine, I wiped the Vista machine clean by reinstalling the OS.  Of course I was careful to backup everything and transferred what I could to my new computer.  ACT was not, since my version of ACT is not supported in Windows 7.  All my ACT databases - Zip files, I should say - were backed up to a server awaiting restoration once I resinstalled the Vista OS.

Craig

Platinum Super Contributor

Re: The file you are attempting to restore does not contain an Act! backup - NOT RESOLVED

When you did the 'restore from BAK', did you use the 'Restore As' option? If not, try it and give the database a different name - that doesn't contain the '-'.

Greg Martin
Sage
Highlighted

The instructions to restore from the .bak file that Sage provides (the link you'd sent me) appaarently are for a different (more recent?) version of ACT than I have, since there is no abiliy to restore from a bak file - only from a Zip file.

Craig

Platinum Elite Contributor

You can restore from a BAK file with the new ACTDIAG ... you can download the new one from the Knowledge base and it will work with older versions