Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

The database (my company name) could not be accessed....

Copper Contributor

The database (my company name) could not be accessed....

I have written about the subject error message before, and I have the fix for this http://kb.sagesoftwareonline.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/28216.

Why is the fix not saved when I close services.msc?

I am faced with doing this repetitve fix a few times per week to start Sage ACT and Outlook 2010.  Does anyone know what happens in my system, that causes SAGE ACT to loose the proper settings?

Silver Super Contributor

Re: The database (my company name) could not be accessed....

It might be some security software resetting it.  That's the first place I would look.

Stan

If you would like to get more out of ACT! you can find an ACT! Certified Consultant near you by going to:www.act.com/acc.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Stan Smith
ACT! Certified Consultant
ADS Programming Services, Inc.
(205) 222-1661
www.adsprogramming.com
www.actwebhosting.com
Click Here to Purchase Act!
Platinum Elite Contributor

You need to have a look through the Windows Event Logs and try to find the error when it happens.
Copper Contributor

Looking through the Windows Events Viewer does no shed any light on this issue. Making an assumption that the Service for ACT (SQL Server (ACT7)) stops when I start ACT,is not going to indicate what happens which turn the SQL Server (ACT7) service off.

Maybe I am not saving it properly, when I turn the service on. What should I do to save this setting, to run the service each time I start my laptop, and start ACT. Sometimes when I start my PC and run ACT for the first time in the morning, I have no issues with this problem. But other times, I get the original error message, and go through the same procedure to correct it. I have even placed a shortcut on my desktop to services.msc to facilitate finding the applet faster.

If this service is being turned off, what should I be looking for in Windows Event Logs? Their are five categories on left side of the viewer; Application, Security, Setup, System and Forwarded Events.

My feeling is that once I turn the service on, it should stay turned on. What and how is getting turned off?

Platinum Elite Contributor