Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

The current build operation (build key Build Key[Act.UI.Search.Search Control, nuII ]) failed: Provide value on 'System.Windows.StaticResourceExtensi

The current build operation (build key Build Key[Act.UI.Search.Search Control, nuII ]) failed: Provide value on 'System.Windows.StaticResourceExtensi

In an attempt to correct one problem where Act! wouldn't even begin to execute, I encountered another after a reinstall:

Resolution of the dependency failed, type= "Act .UI.ActApplication", name= "". Exception message is: The current build operation (build key Build Key[Act.UI.ActApplication, null ]) failed: Resolution of the dependency failed, type= "Act.UI.Search.SearchControl", name= "", Exception message is: The current build operation (build key Build Key[Act.UI.Search.Search Control, nuII ]) failed: Provide value on 'System.Windows.StaticResourceExtensi on' threw an exception. (Strategy type BuiIdPIanStrategy.index 3) (Strategy type BuildPlanStrategy, index 3)

Any clues as to what this might signify?

Re: The current build operation (build key Build Key[Act.UI.Search.Search Control, nuII ]) failed: Provide value on 'System.Windows.StaticResourceExte

[ Edited ]

Hi PSTC,

There are many reasons that this error message may occur as it mentioned in the error one of the dependencies that Act requires has encountered an issue, I have provided articles which usually resolve this issue.

38707 Error: "Resolution of the dependency failed, type = "Act.UI.ActApplication", name = "". Except...

25865 Error: "Resolution of the dependency failed" or "Exception has been thrown by the target of an...

I would recommend the steps in the first article and if it persists please follow the second one.

Re: The current build operation (build key Build Key[Act.UI.Search.Search Control, nuII ]) failed: Provide value on 'System.Windows.StaticResourceExte

Thank you for your recommendations. I followed every last one that applied to a "t" with one exception: on the repairing or uninstalling and reinstalling the .NET Framework. It seems 4.7 was installed last week with an update. But when I look at Windows features turned on under control panel/programs, it only shows version 3.5.1. The only version available to uninstall is 4.7. How can I turn it on? Is there any possible relationship between this and the error message I'm getting? 

I am working now on following steps in this article to resolve the .NET issues:

How to repair .NET Framework 2.0 and 3.0 on Windows Vista and Windows 7

I completed an integrity scan and nothing found. The only way to repair a registry error is to reinstall the OS.

[ Edited ]

I would recommend attempting to look at these steps rather than go for a reinstall of the OS.

Depending on the version of windows you run the .Net framework update usually will be within 'Control Panel> Programs and features' where you can usually repair it.

If it does not appear in Programs and Features you can go to 'Turn windows Features On or Off' within Programs and Features.

From here you will need to untick 1 or more option that are related to .Net framework close this window so it will run through the uninstall itself then reopen and retick the option.