Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

The Size of the Screen

The Size of the Screen

Hi. I have tried updating the various field and adding new fields on our database; which I did successfully. Then I saved it and went out of ACT to re-open it and instead of being the new design that I had completed, it was the older one however the field are now 100 x bigger, and i cannot get the size back down to normal, or make it show the new contact design template that i designed! HELP!!

Re: The Size of the Screen

This issue will result if the default Windows font size DPI (dots per inch) setting is set to Large size (120 DPI) in Windows XP or Large Fonts in Windows 2000. To work around this issue, you must reduce your default Windows font size DPI setting. You can return the fields to their original size by editing the layout after reducing your DPI setting as described below. After saving the layout, you may then return to the larger DPI setting until you wish to edit the layout again.

Follow the steps for your Operating System below.

Windows XP and Windows 2003 Server:
  1. Close ACT!.
  2. Right-click the Windows desktop, and then click Properties from the shortcut menu (or double-click the Display icon from the Windows Control Panel). The Display Properties dialog box appears:
  3. Under the Appearance tab, ensure that the Font Size field is set to Normal:
  4. Under the Settings tab, click the Advanced button. The Plug and Play Monitor... dialog box appears:
  5. Under the General tab, in the Display section, change the DPI setting display to Normal size (96 DPI) and then click OK. The following Change DPI Setting message appears.
  6. Click OK, and then restart the computer to complete the changes.
Thanks & Regards
Uniquestart Technologies