Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

The Secret of the Act Forum

Copper Contributor

The Secret of the Act Forum

About 18 months ago a producer gathered a group of motivational speakers to explain, on the video The Secret, how they use a set of tools to produce great enjoyment and income in their lives. The speakers may have thought that this would be just another place to get exposure, but most have earned 10 times more money, either from sales or increased speaking engagements, than they thought before the project was started. 

One of the key arguments made in the video is that the more you give away - the more you get back.  This is the Secret of the Best Practices Forum for Act.  But, it can’t work if you don’t ask questions or give people you ideas about how Act is either a selling tool or a marketing tool.  There is no difference between asking a selling question and asking a tech question – there is someone out there willing to give you their experiences.  What if one tip earned you 10 times more money next month, would you be surprised?  Don’t be – that is The Secret.

Brad Sandy 800sell.com

Copper Contributor

Re: The Secret of the Act Forum

BradSandy -- Give me some tips - Do you stay awake all night thinking of this...

I would love a forum for new users to get ideas on how to set up system and suggestions.  I have added a new field to all records: Best time to call, this way when I have a daily list of calls, I can sort by time.  I would love to see ideas, not just specific problems people are having, more generic on set up/client contact/other ideas.  One of the best things I got was a dymo labelwriter400. While talking to a client and I promise to send info, a few clicks and I have the address label ready to put with the material to be mailed, my assistant loves this.

ctw

I totally agree!  This is what the Best Practices forum should be all about! 

One of the best add-ons I got was the Cardscan business card scanner.  It's a little expensive with the scanner and the Act Premium option, but saves a TON of time on entering data from business cards.  If you have Act Standard, you only need the scanner itself, but the Premium version required an extra purchase.  It's surprisingly accurate too.  There are less expensive products, and I tried one, nut the accuracy wasn't nearly as good, so I ended up having to enter most cards anyway.  Being a Real Estate broker, I get biz cards all the time and it's a huge time-saver.  I highly recommend it.

Nathan

Copper Contributor

About your CardScan uses - I recall that you can write something on the back of the card, scan it using the machine and then drop that scan into the Notes in Act. Have you tried that?  It is a good way to write down two or three things the card giver may be looking for and you can address this when you have time - especially if you get more than one card in a day or at a series of meetings.

Brad Sandy 800sell.com

Yes, I've tried it and it works great!  Typically, when I go to conventions, seminars, etc., and get a stack of biz cards, I'll write the date, quick notes about the conversation, etc. so when I see the card, I can more easily remember the person.  When I scan front and back, it attaches the JPG images to the attachments tab in Act.  Hope this helps...

Nathan

Copper Contributor

At the question about Trade Shows - one poster called extractforact has shared a fantastic Secret about how he works shows and what is most pwoerful is that he does more than 40 show a year.  He must have something great to sell, because the time, people etc. etc. for that many shows would be a big deal. That he shares his ideas for no reason but to help others - is what is part of the Secret of this forum. If readers use his program - when they can and the cardscan product and some other tips your sales will explode.

Brad Sandy - 800sell.com

Bronze Contributor

Brad I believe that the SECRET of this as it relates to ACT is that so many want to capture all sorts of information about their contacts and when you look at their database a year down the track they may have '000 of contacts but very little information, and they have not made any real sales increases so it becomes an organised roledex. The ones that I see have much better success are those that a) only capturing information that can assist the sales process b) using the history via activities, correspondence and the like to be able to recall every interaction and c) using the sales process so they know exactly what is in their pipeline and when next to follow up.

In other words a good client management database becomes the intelligence to facilitate the sales process not the sales process itself.

Just a thought

Paul Buchtmann
pbuchtmann@ozemail.com.au Australia
Australia's First ACT Consultant (1989)

FREE Record History to change default to Call or To-Do for ACT! 2010-2012 versions. Custom versions also available.