Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Accepted Solution

The Netherlands

Highlighted
Copper Super Contributor

Re: The Netherlands

Again, you are correct (of course).  But I don't think it was a secret that Interact was doing the builds.  I was certainly aware of it, although now I don't remember what brought it to my attention.
Highlighted
Platinum Elite Contributor

Not a secret... but many think Symantec was better than Sage because they think only about the 5/6 versions after most of the issues had been fixed and the product sold to Interact
Highlighted
Copper Super Contributor

True.  One forgets the pain over time and remembers only the good.  Perhaps 10 years from now, folks with give kudos to Sage for producing such a wonderful product and quite forget the years of trouble that came before. :smileyvery-happy:
Highlighted
Platinum Elite Contributor

I have to jump in here because I spent over 10 years in ACT! technical supoort. ACT! 1 for Widows was done before Symantec acquired the ACT! program. ACT! for Windows 2 was partly done before Symantec entered the picture. ACT! 3-6 all were basically the same product and was originally developed by Symantec. ACT! 5 was done before the sale of the ACT! program to Interact Commerce Corp. ACT! 6 was really a warm over of ACT! 5 and was a gap filler when the development of ACT! 2005 version 7 was being developed. When the ACT! product was sold to Interact Commerce Corp., they opened a support center in Eugene and most of the ACT! support people from Symantec moved to Interact Commerce Corp. Technical support stayed much the same until Sage decided to Start outsourcing tech support and eventually closed the Eugene support center. In all fairness while the early outsourced tech support left a lot to be desired,  I believe the quality of the outsourced tech support has improved.
Roy Laudenslager
Retired ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
Highlighted
Copper Super Contributor

That history of tech support is interesting.  I pretty well goes along with my experience.  We are in agreement about the quality.  However, Sage virtually shut down tech support for those unwilling to pay for the premium support service.  I didn't want to pay for premium support, as I understood the program well enough and only needed support when I encountered one of the frequent bugs.  I was darned on principle if I was going to pay to fix a problem that Sage caused.  That meant that I had awful struggles trying to resolve these issues (some of which exist to now--like merging emails, which never has worked reliabily).  Nowdays, clearly Sage techs and highly informed consultants do appear to keep an eye on the forums and appear willing to step in to help resolve purely technical issues.  That's the dim light I can perceive at the end of the support tunnel.
Highlighted
Copper Elite Contributor

I know this is very late to answer, but in the country list, you wioll find "Netherlands, The", where the logics is, i should not know.

Daniel Dendooven
Retired Act! Certified Consultant