Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

The Database could not be accessed......

Accepted Solution Solved
Accepted Solution

The Database could not be accessed......

[ Edited ]

Hi, This is my first time on here.  Only 2 weeks ago I upgraded from ACT4 to ACT11.  With great time and effort we had it customised for our business by an expert, and copied our ACT 4 database to ACT 11.

For 2 weeks it has been working perfectly, then this morning I was surprised I could not access my Database. I got the error message "the database could not be accessed. In order to access this database check your network connection and verify that your database server is available etc." 

I think it is an SQL problem?? I checked the SQL server config manager and it says ACT 7 is stopped. I presume it should be started so I tried to restart it but then I get another message  "the request failed or service did not respond in timely fashion".

I don't know what has caused this to happen or how to fix it.  We had to go back to using our old ACT4 today! it is very important to our business and I urgently need to fix this problem. HELP!!! Is needed!  Thanks.

Message Edited by DeniseSl on 11-14-2008 06:16 AM
Message Edited by DeniseSl on 11-15-2008 12:57 AM

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author DeniseSl
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM

Re: The Database could not be accessed......

Just thought I would let you know that with the help from Sage (I had 30 day warranty) we got the Database up and running. 

We firstly uninstalled and reinstalled SQL, this still would not open my database, so then we uninstalled ACT11 and then reinstalled it again, and finally it all works again. My databases were loaded back in and all is fine. It is still a mystery as to why it happened though.  The only changes to the computer prior, was installation of some Microsoft updates, and add in the Dymo label maker. Could any of this be responsible??

View solution in original post

All Replies

I have been doing lots of research on here and have come to the conclusion I will probably have to uninstall my new ACT 11 and SQL server and reinstall.  But will my database still be there??  I also backed up last week. 

Pity I only had a few weeks of it working. I was still learning and now I am thrown in at the deep end! I am not very smart when it comes to all the technical stuff.  I am at a loss as to why it stopped working.  And if it gets back to normal will it happen again?

Solution
Accepted by topic author DeniseSl
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM

Just thought I would let you know that with the help from Sage (I had 30 day warranty) we got the Database up and running. 

We firstly uninstalled and reinstalled SQL, this still would not open my database, so then we uninstalled ACT11 and then reinstalled it again, and finally it all works again. My databases were loaded back in and all is fine. It is still a mystery as to why it happened though.  The only changes to the computer prior, was installation of some Microsoft updates, and add in the Dymo label maker. Could any of this be responsible??

I have had a similar problem, but I had not upgraded anything. The data-base will not open and when I try to reinstall it I get an error message asking me to close WORD, but it is not open.

My data is very important and even though I have been a multiple purchase, multi-year user, it may be time for a change. I don't feel comfortable with the risk.