Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

The 'Browse' button in Contact Detail view is gone,,,,,,among other operating issues.

The 'Browse' button in Contact Detail view is gone,,,,,,among other operating issues.

I am running ACT! by Sage 2010 Version 12.1.181.0, Hot Fix 1, on a Windows 7, 64 bit Sony Vaio.The browse button used to link a contact to a company is gone and for the life of me I cannot find how to get it back. It was there at one time, but its gone now.

In addition, I am having issues with ACT on my new box. The fields change size and move, and the screen flickers horribly when I go from 

Contact to Company for example. Some of the fileds I have set get so small every day or so I must resize them so I can see what they are

populated with.

I have a very fast box, Intel Core i7, Q820 @ 1.73GHz, 8 gb ram, 500 gb hard drive (60% free), NVIDIA GeForce GT330M driving a 1080 HD screen. Everything installed works great at lighning speeds, except ACT. 

Any insight on how to fix it is greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: The 'Browse' button in Contact Detail view is gone,,,,,,among other operating issues.

Hello Dr_Pro,

Welcome to the ACT! Online Community. The issues you described sound like they may be associated with your screen resolution setting, specifically your DPI setting. We have had several reports of issues associated with Windows 7 and this setting. You can try lowering the DPI setting to Normal (96 DPI) and seeing if that resolves the issues. To change this setting, right-click on your Desktop, choose Personalize and select to adjust the DPI.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.