Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

The Action 'Auto_fix' is incompatible error -

Tuned Listener

The Action 'Auto_fix' is incompatible error -

I am attempting to unpack and restore an rdb file after having to wipe my hard drive.

Steps Taken

Go to File, Restore, Datbase, then select Unpack and Restore.  Select the Rdb file I want to unpack and its starts running its course and then gives me the following error message

"Terminating this procedure. The Action 'Auto_fix' is incompatible iwth other parameter values ('ACTREADER',(null)')

There is no such user or group 'ACTREADER'

There is no such user or group 'ACTREADER'...."

there is alot more but, you get the jist

My Act is up to date as well....any ideas?

Also, I cannot delete my former adf and alf files. Its says they are in use by another user eventhough they are not. Not sure if that is contributing.

Silver Contributor

Re: The Action 'Auto_fix' is incompatible error -

ON the first one, make sure the versions of ACT on the publisher computer are the same as the version on hte subscriber (Help, About)

Try recutting a new remote and then try restoring to a different location (last guess)

On the second, SQL keeps a hold of your database files as long as it is running.

You would either need to stop sql (start, run, services.msc, stop the ACT7 instance of sql) or detach the databases from within ACT diag (start, run, ACTDiag, database tab, right click on your database and choose detach_

Test Drive Act! and Quickbooks over Citrix http://GoTryAct.com

Jon Klubnik| ActTrainer.com
(866)710 4228

ACT! Certified Consultant / ACT! Premier Trainer / ACT! Hosting Provider

Tuned Listener

[ Edited ]

Well, the  versions were the same, I copied a new rdb file in a different location and I got the message again - any other ideas?

In regards to the second piece of info..

When I click Start Run - ACTDiag I get an error message that reads

"windows cannot find 'ACTDiag': Make sure you typed the name correctly, and then try again. To search for a file, click the start button, and then click search"

I went ahead and stopped the sql and was able to delete the old adf and alf file so that problem is solved. Now just to find the solution to the error message that reads like a 3 year old temper tantrum! HELP!

Message Edited by lisssa20 on 06-09-2010 10:38 AM
Platinum Super Contributor

Is the remote file (RDB) copied local to the computer on which you are attempting the restore?  Make sure you copy the RDB file to the workstation and then restore it. 
Greg Martin
Sage
Tuned Listener

Yes. I copied it from our server onto my computer - unpack and restore

I uninstalled ACT - Reinstalled it and started from ground zero - still getting the same error

Lisa forgot to mention that this is a full rebuild (format/load CDs) from Dell instructions.  She also has a 30 day Symantec 360 which I had her uninstall (yes, I am sure reminates are still left around) and install Sunbelt Vipre for defense.  Windows XP SP2, firewall enabled.  Office 2003 Professional and Winfax 10.3.  The original server database, when I tried a BACKUP==>.ZIP did not complete properly.  It created a 64mb ZIP file but failed to insert the data folders.  I performend a check/index (twice because it encountered errors), this did not rectify the problems.  So, I did a SaveAs and saved the database to a new name.  This I created as a backup of, at 23mb, and also a remote database (RDB) for her. The RDB is what she installed on her client.

Thanks for the free help people.  We're at a loss how to get her back into production.

Tom

It sounds like there are issues with the main database - by fact that it will not complete a backup.  Do you get any errors when you perform the backup? 

To test the installation of Act! on the workstation - can you create a New (empty) database?

As a test and possible work-around to restoring the RDB on the workstation:

- restore the RDB file on the server (do not sync it)

If it will not restore on the server, this may point to the problem being with the main database.

If it will restore, you can manually copy the restored files from the server to the workstation.  To copy the files:

- on the server - stop the 'SQL Server (Act7)' services (Services.msc screen described earlier in post)

Note: stopping sql on the server will prevent access to all Act databases.

- copy the ADF, ALF, and Database Files folder of the restored RDB from the server to the workstation 

- restart the 'SQL Server (Act7)' service on server (to restore access to databases)

- on the workstation - open the database by using the ADF (change Files of Type to ADF - from PAD)

Note: it will recreate the PAD file for future use.

Greg Martin
Sage

No errors during backup, it just does not create the folder structure in the ZIP file and if you copy the file-it takes about 2 seconds even though it says it is 65mb in size.  I did a detect and reindex on the database, twice, it continues to say it "fixed" something-but does not list any details.

I made a COPY of the database.  I created a successfull backup from the COPY (comes out to 23mb).  I created the RDB from the COPY.

I will try to make the manual copies to her workstation as you recommend.

Tom

Tuned Listener

The actions were taken by Greg's direction and again we are at a loss. I am now getting a message saying that "The database HCVendors 071206 that you are trying to open resides on machine LISA which does not have the latest version of ACT! installed. To open the database, updated ACT! on the machine using ACT! updated and then open the database again"

When going to ACT updater it states I have the most updated version of act....?????

To verify which version(s) of Act! are installed: open the Act! program > go to Help menu > select About Act!.  What does it list as the version and build for the workstation and server?

Since you have moved files to the workstation - does that mean that the restore of the RDB file on the server was successful?  Is HCVendors071206 the remote database?

As a test on the workstation - can you create a new database (File > New Database)?

Greg Martin
Sage