Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Text not working in report designer

Tuned Listener

Text not working in report designer

When i try to add a text field to an envelope it doesn't work.  I can draw the text box but when I type nothing appears.  Am I missing something or this a known problem.  I am using Act Pro 2013 on a Windows 8 laptop.

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Text not working in report designer

You can double click to start typing in the text box but it's mor reliable to add the test in the properties panel.

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129
Tuned Listener

I tried both and neither works. 

They don't work using  the mouse pad, a new bluetooth mouse or a USB.mouse..  I'm not a novice, have been using Act for more than 20 years and have a couple dozen  custom document and envelope templates that I've created over the years.

The whole situation is really wierd.  Early this month my Act failed and I have never been able to get it working on my original machine.

I finally bought a new machine and Act installed, but this error appeared. I may try buying Act V16 since it does come with a guarantee.  Are there known problems with Windows 8?

Did you try entering the text in the text property in the properties panel? I've never seen that fail. 

ACT! 16 is fine on Windows 8.

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Report Expert
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129
Tuned Listener

Okay, found it. 

The double click doesn't work, but the text box in the properties meniu does work.  I was right clickiong on the box, which gives an abreviated menu without the text box.  That's what happens when one tries to change a report that hasn't been changed literally in years.

Thanks very much.  I am really grateful.

I've found that the text box double click is best in the layout designer and is iffy in the report designer.

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Report Expert
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129